Hi, Office Insiders. My name is Rolly Seth, and I’m a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. I’m happy to share with you that you can now add Flipgrid videos and Flipgrid shorts to your PowerPoint presentations on both the Windows and Mac platforms, as well as in PowerPoint for the web.
Flipgrid videos in PowerPoint
Flipgrid is a free and accessible short-form video discussion tool for educators, learners, and families. It offers powerful, creative tools that make it easy to engage with your community, including fun stickers, expressive frames, and a colorful camera and lenses.
We’ve now made it easy to add Flipgrid videos to enhance and enrich your PowerPoint presentations!
How it works
Here are the steps for integrating Flipgrid videos into your PowerPoint presentations:
- In Flipgrid, copy the Share URL of a Flipgrid standard video or a Flipgrid short.
- In your PowerPoint presentation, select the Insert tab. Then:
- In Windows, select Video > Online Videos.
- In Mac, select Video > Online Movie.
- In PowerPoint for the web, click Online Video.
- Paste the copied Flipgrid URL into the dialog box.
- Click the Insert button to place the Flipgrid video on your slide.
Scenarios to try
As with other supported online video formats in PowerPoint, you can move, resize, and customize the Flipgrid video layout inside the slide.
Video Preview might not be available when you paste the Flipgrid URL into the dialog box, but you can still insert and play the Flipgrid video. We are working to address this issue.
Note that only Flipgrid standard videos and Flipgrid shorts are currently supported in PowerPoint.
This feature is available to Office Insiders running these Beta Channel builds:
- Windows: Version 2107 (Build 14221.20000) or later
- Mac: Version 16.51 (Build 21071101) or later
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them by clicking Help > Feedback in Windows. On a Mac, you can submit feedback by using the Send us a Smile 😊 or Send us a Frown ☹ buttons at the top right.
Learn more about what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people.
We’re excited to hear from you! Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter, and you’ll get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month.