Hi, Office Insiders! My name is Rolly Seth and I’m a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. I’m thrilled to announce that the ability to integrate live camera feeds directly into your slides with the cameo feature—something users have enjoyed for the past couple months in PowerPoint for Windows—is now coming to PowerPoint for Mac.
Live camera feeds in PowerPoint for Mac
With cameo in PowerPoint for Mac, you can seamlessly embed live camera feeds into your slides and create a more immersive experience for your audience. Doing so can also help you be more prepared for your live presentation (such as presenting in Teams).
Cameo gives you full control of live camera feeds. Just as with images, you can move, resize, crop, and apply transitions or styles to the camera feed and use Designer to enhance the look of your slides that use cameo.
How it works
1. Create a presentation or open an existing one in PowerPoint.
2. To insert a live camera feed into your current slide, select Insert > Cameo.
3. To turn the camera on and off, simply click on the cameo object (you can also use the Camera Preview button on the Camera tab).
4. To change the source of the camera feed, click the Camera Preview down arrow (found on the Camera tab) and select the option you want.
5. After you’ve inserted cameo into your slide(s), go to Slide Show/Presenter view to preview your presentation.
Camera on/off settings are not currently enabled in PowerPoint Slide Show & Presenter View.
Scenarios to try
- On the Camera tab, select different camera shapes and styles.
- Apply different types of transitions to your live camera feeds, such as Morph.
- Select Design > Design Ideas to choose from different slide designs.
- Experiment with placing content in front of or behind the camera feed.
To use this feature, you must have granted camera permissions to PowerPoint in your computer’s privacy settings.
Be on the lookout for the cameo feature in PowerPoint Live in Teams.
We will be rolling out live camera feeds in PowerPoint to Office Insiders running Beta Channel Version 16.60 (Build 22032100) or later.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We want to hear from you! Please click Help > Feedback to submit your feedback about this feature.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter and get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!